Club Shop

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

Have just had an email from Nick Taylor. He has been told that the brothers want to put in paid staff (Academy) who can also earn commission on certain sales. Nick has put a lot of work and his own time in increasing the range of goods and profitabilty of it and has now quit as club shop manager. No discussion, a fait accompli.Not sure who is left.
RogerB

The apologies and sorrow that they expressed at the fans’ forum look rather hollow, don’t they? I can see this ending in tears all round. Stefano said that one of the things that attracted them to the club was its special atmosphere so why are they systematically destroying it?
HamptonMad

I think i will book Hatherop road park for season 25/26. Paid Turnstile staff and a Parking warden are next. All paid.
Cliffp

All seems a bit joe Dixon and his consortium to me (Staines town for those of you that don’t know) riding into town and promising the earth, alienating people along the way and taking them to a different level of football.

Still let’s hand out some mince pies on Saturday, have a couple of comedy photos taken and get the youngsters dressed in red and blue. That’ll do it!
BevereeMaster

Struggling to see what’s wrong with giving our academy boys an opportunity to make some money, these lot are the future of our club. Nick has done a fantastic job and it’s a shame they could not find a role for him. But it’s great to see the academy boys get involved.
Big Rich

That’s a real shame, I loved what they had done with the shop.
Tony

Presumably the Academy lads are not responsible for stock ordering, merchandising etc?
HamptonMad

Tony wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:38 am Presumably the Academy lads are not responsible for stock ordering, merchandising etc?
Thats a very good point Tony. I assume the new Commercial Manager when appointed will be in charge of Club shop stock ordering and mechandising. I feel really sorry for Nick the way he has been treated.
HamptonMad

HamptonMad wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:16 am
Tony wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:38 am Presumably the Academy lads are not responsible for stock ordering, merchandising etc?
Thats a very good point Tony. I assume the new Commercial Manager when appointed will be in charge of Club shop stock ordering and mechandising. I feel really sorry for Nick the way he has been treated.
Big Rich

I see James G has gone to Hanworth Villa.

https://twitter.com/travelsports/status ... NDi_FxrROg

Don’t panic HM, there’s no one left. Bring your boots with you tomorrow - you’re on the bench.
Shepperton Supporter

I see James G has gone to Hanworth Villa.

Wish he all the best. Will be strange not seeing him at Beveree.
In some ways a logical move, would not surprise me if others made the trip.
TW10

Sad to see James go, a very welcoming character..was he paid by the club? Whats his job at Hanworth, he there as kit man?