Havant Away Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Josh2002

It wasn’t a great spectacle, but boy did we work hard for that point. Had to withstand a lot of pressure from Havant in the first half, with Julian keeping us in it. A Davis header, which was our first shot of the game was well saved, before the second from the resulting corner found the back of the net from Inman. Their keeper also denied Kurran-Browne in injury time, but positive signs for sure. Results went our way today, a win on Tuesday at Weymouth would be massive.
BevereeMaster

The “‘manager minutes” was very refreshing. I can see us becoming a good side under Mel. If this was 2-3 weeks ago I could see that ending 3-0.

Also quite interesting how Mel told the club he doesn’t like being called Gaffer hence the change in name of the post match interview’s
Tony

Very hard fought point won and always good to get a late equaliser when we hadn’t managed to create any chances in the second half. So what difference if any did the new manager make? The line up and formation was the same to the Oxford game but with CKB on the left and Whittingham right. It was noticeable that Wood was much more involved and had a much better game, winning headers and holding the ball well. We also looked to get runners in behind from midfield and Deadfield should have done much better from an early chance when he found himself clean through. Havant wide men gave us problems in the first half and we gave them too much space to cut inside and shoot. We were lucky not to concede but for good saves from Julian. Second half we defended better but couldn’t get anything going attack-wise. Actual attempts on goal could be counted on the fingers of one finger until the last five minutes. Their goal was a well taken freekick by Roberts which was a bit of a blow but to our credit we kept going until Inman equalised with a bullet header from Gray’s driven corner. Havant are a strong side and I expected them to dominate possession.but we looked better organised too. Even so we still need recruits, a right back, someone more dominant in midfield and some striking options.We can’t draw our way to safety. Rowe came on for 15 mins but played in midfield and hard to make any judgement when we had such limited possession. Barzey also got 30 mins which was good to see but again more focused on defending than attacking. So some positives to take from a game against tough opposition. Hopefully we can get more on the front foot against Weymouth.
HamptonMad

Havant have put a really good video of yesterdays match highlights on Youtube.
TW10

Just watched highlights.. very fortunate and a great header by Inman.
Shepperton Supporter

Just watched the highlights agree we looked better than we have for a few weeks. Let’s hope it is the start of an upturn in our fortunes.
Roberts showed what a good and dangerous player he is culminating with a good free kick for their goal.
Jamie

Just watched the highlights, looked like we could have snatched a win with some good chances.
Julian made some good saves, but I'm sure he will be disappointed with conceding the free kick, it wasn't in the corner and he should be saving that, but the forward in front of him was very clever blocking him before running back onside as Roberts ran up to take the free kick.
I think any Hampton supporter would have taken a point before the game. A good result against a top team in the division. Got to win a few against the bottom side matches coming up now.