Manager appointment

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
GRTourist

HamptonMad wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:10 pm
GRTourist wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:29 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:40 pm Not impressed. And we still have Bates for the next 2 home games. Is Gwinnett suspended. The sooner he starts the better.
So you're not impressed with his appointment, but simultaneously think we need to get him in the sooner the better? Love it.
Glad you Love it Tourist.
If you really want to know, he's not here before Tuesday because he's got to sort the MOT and insurance on the club car first.
Shepperton Supporter

From his interview on Barnet web it was stated that Saturday was his last game there. Would expect him at Beveree on Tuesday although more as a observer. Has been credited with a lot of Barnets success this season
Big Rich

It would be fitting for Corporal Batesy to get the three points against Cheshunt in his last game in charge.
Shepperton Supporter

It will be interesting who he appoints to his staff. Would expect an assistant(s) as well as a keeper coach. I know he is an ex keeper but his role is now much wider.
Jamie

Tisdale influence is obvious, he may well have contacts of loans etc in the short term.
I can see why Steve Bates will have the next couple of games, as the new manager will not have a training session between these games, so probably wants to sit in the stand and asses the players.
Does seem at 58 rather late to get a number 1 job, but perhaps with the title he has been given there is a bigger plan overall.
Got to give him a chance.
Well done to Steve for getting an impressive point v Oxford.
The Cheshunt game is massive.
Julian back in goal must be a plus for another captain type player on the pitch.
Shepperton Supporter

I saw on one website that he has been appointed to 30/6/24. Not sure if this is accurate as nothing from the club on this.