Tonbridge Home Saturday

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Josh2002

game off.
Tony

Game off due to frozen pitch and inability to work on it. Club announcement slightly odd as it says despite efforts of volunteers. I volunteered to help but was asked to step down as the ground was frozen. Gives time for new manager to work with the team I suppose.
BevereeMaster

Adam wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:54 pm Watched a few of Mels recent Barnet interviews. Then also caught Dean Brennans interview post their match at the weekend. He mentioned that Jamar Loza is back fit for them having not played since April and they would look to get him a months loan. Wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up with us.
Loza joins Dowse at Dartford for an initial 1 month loan.
Shepperton Supporter

Re Loza
Think this loan was always possible as he played under Dowse at Woking?
As for us, think it will take a few matches before there are changes in the squad, the timing will depend on results. Postponed games do not help.
Les1949

Tony wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:18 pm Game off due to frozen pitch and inability to work on it. Club announcement slightly odd as it says despite efforts of volunteers. I volunteered to help but was asked to step down as the ground was frozen. Gives time for new manager to work with the team I suppose.
I was asked by the club to send out the request to Trust Members, so I did, however, I really wanted to add a 'PS'. Having seen Bill attempt to work on the pitch and try to divot, I knew, from past experience, that there was no chance of the frost coming out of the ground anytime soon. Bill would have had more luck in divoting the car park, it was probably softer!.
Shepperton Supporter

Our game is not the only one called off and until the weather warms up, we can expect further postponed games. Once again it brings into discussion the arguments of the laying of an artificial pitch.
Might give the new manager a chance to have another training session with the team.
Jamie

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:07 pm Our game is not the only one called off and until the weather warms up, we can expect further postponed games. Once again it brings into discussion the arguments of the laying of an artificial pitch.
Might give the new manager a chance to have another training session with the team.
artificial pitches freeze too, and can actually be worse as all the rubber infill clumps together.