Farnborough away.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Early kickoff tomorrow against the team that beat us a couple of weeks ago. Assume we will have a few debuts and others with little or no experience.
Will be a tough game. Let’s hope for at least a point.
Big Rich

I think we can win this one. 2-0 to the Beavers!
Shepperton Supporter

Both Jenkins and Deadfield in team plus Whittingham back from suspension. Wood , Ilic, Barzey and Ahmidi on bench
HamptonMad

30 mins gone and its 1.1
.The best part of the day is Overfield getting upset with the lady shouting in the stand. Luv it.
HamptonMad

1.1 half time. Lady really winding Overfield up. Go on my luv shout for your team. He can do nothing.
HamptonMad

Losing 1.2. Lady still out shouting Overfield.
HamptonMad

2.2 Lady still shouting.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HamptonMad

Final result 2.2. Start The Club Car Mr Barbel lets get out of here.. The Lady out shouting Overfield was so funny. Have faith in Gary.
Shepperton Supporter

From his comments after the game, Gary seemed pleased to get a draw although his philosophy is to try and win.
The injury crisis might be getting better as Brazey and Ahmidi came on as substitutes. It seems we still have issues with the fitness of defenders. Gary stated some players were short of game time Deadfield being one, looks like the plans are to ease players back into fitness.
Tony

One of the worst games of football I’ve watched in a long time. We had some excuse with a patched up side with players in unfamiliar positions and lacking in game time and form. Farnborough are just a horrible side to watch with just one tactic, to use Robinson’s long throw at every opportunity. As a result the game turned into Robinson v Inman, both of them scoring but Inman winning the defensive battle hands down. For long periods we couldn’t get out of our half and were as poor as I have seen us for a number of seasons. Their first goal came after Vincent’s poor pass back resulted in Salomon conceding a penalty. Amazingly we equalised soon after with Deadfield playing in Amartey to score from a very acute angle. We picked up a bit until half time but a defensive reshuffle with Jenkins going off left us with a very makeshift back line with Leavers, Vincent and Kurran Browne alongside Wishart and Inman. It took 15 minutes to cross the halfway line. It was grim to watch, more so given Farnborough’s obsession with the long throw. When they finally scored I could see no way back but again a rare moment of good play soon after saw Inman head home from Gray’s free kick. The goal perked us up a little and in the end we got the point.
Lord Elpus

How Farnborough supporters can watch that every week I do not know. Truly dreadful to witness.