St Albans city Home Tuesday

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:29 pm Lost 13.0 to Hounslow Town 1963.
I remember that game, still have nightmares!
Tony

Meant I couldn’t remember such a defeat in my last 25 years or so watching. We did have a heavy defeat over at Wealdstone a few years ago but think that was 5 or 6 in MSC.
Shepperton Supporter

When I saw the team I felt we were light in midfield but perhaps injuries had a bearing on this. We have had problems all season, according to Gary, in converting chances. Some of the summer signings have either been injured or spent time on the bench. Formation changes have also interrupted things?
Gary will be hoping for good news on the injury front as the next couple of games will be difficult if present form continues.
LouisFell

forward quality was on show for St Albans. Banton was absolutely everywhere on the pitch, impossible to mark and always looked bright. Jeffers actually didnt score in the end but his ability to hold up the ball far outshone our strikers, and he could have had a goal or two. Tafari Moore, average all season, and we made him look unbelievable today. A massive boost for St Albans after 2 defeats, and a painful lesson for Hampton on how to be clinical
Shepperton Supporter

At this level quality strikers are expensive, you look at the top sides they have several strikers who make the difference. If you compare ours they are not in the same bracket. You get what you pay for!
HamptonMad

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:53 pm
Hounslow played in The Amateur cup final at Wembley the year before. We were in The Surrey Senior league and then Sparton league. 13.0 was a nightmare .
TW10

The manager keeps saying it our strikers don't finish the chances they get..I don't think that will change
TW3 Beaver

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:29 pm
Lost 13.0 to Hounslow Town 1963.
How many were down to you?
DanielNotley

Where do we go from here, Im sick and tired of the same escuses week in week out from Gary, enough said!!!!!
Lord Elpus

I think the question of where we go from here is a really tough one to answer without saying some stuff that others might find unpalatable. There's no question that a lot of other clubs might have made a managerial change after some of the truly dreadful performances witnessed around this time last season, but we are known for being a club with patience run by nice people. I'm not saying it pays to be ruthless neccesarily, but sometimes changes need to be made. Perhaps the new investors, if they do end up coming aboard, might want to have their say. Last night was a bit of a disaster...the excuses are becoming a little repetitive and some of the natives a little restless. The next couple of games will obviously play a big part.
Shepperton Supporter

Would agree with all Lord E has written. No doubt Gary will point out the injuries and low budget. The next few games may well define the season. More heavy losses and exit from the Trophy might force an issue. Let’s hope it does not come to this.
RogerB

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:48 pm
Shepperton Supporter wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:53 pm
Hounslow played in The Amateur cup final at Wembley the year before. We were in The Surrey Senior league and then Sparton league. 13.0 was a nightmare .
One thing to remember from the debacle against Hounslow Town was that we kept faith with the manager, Peter Tagg, who, the following season, took us to the Surrey Senior League title and then on to more success in the Spartan League. Not saying that's a lesson for our current predicament, though!