2 New Goalkeepers

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Jamie

HRBFC have signed 2, yes 2, Goalkeepers, both on loan from QPR.

Weird to say the least, I don't think I have ever seen that before. Is it more of a case they have been registered to the club to have use of throughout the season?
Pointless sending them both to Hampton, as surely QPR will be loaning them out so they both get playing time.

I assume this means Alan Julian must be out for some time? That will be eating up the budget, assuming as a regular starter he is on contract.
Lord Elpus

It'll be interesting to hear what the manager has to say. I can't see the point of signing (the brilliantly named) Endurance Johnson in the summer and then seeing him get cup tied whilst on loan or dual reg or whatever it is, and then getting two in loan just seems odd. Hopefully this is nowhere near as muddled as it seems...
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

I think the club like to have 2 GK's in training to practice with one another, even if there is no intention of playing one of them. It's odd to announce both as a signing though, even if they have signed the registration papers, surely just announce the one who is actually going to be playing? Hope Jules isn't out for too long, although have heard from a QPR season ticket holder that one of the keepers is quality...
Tony

It may be that one of the two is only to play today whilst the other may not be available for some reason?
Whoryer

My guess is Gary wants a goalie on the bench today as it's the FA Cup.I'm pretty sure that's what he normally does in the FA Cup
Jamie

Tony wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:57 am It may be that one of the two is only to play today whilst the other may not be available for some reason?
From what I've heard Joe Walsh is 3rd choice at QPR and they don't want him cup tied.
He played for their u21/u23 side on Friday.
Jamie

Whoryer wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:15 pm My guess is Gary wants a goalie on the bench today as it's the FA Cup.I'm pretty sure that's what he normally does in the FA Cup
Makes perfect sense, not worth the risk in such an important game if GK is injured or sent off.
Heartbreaking memories of Barnet away in the FA Cup when legend Mark Russell came on but was past his best and got beat by a late screamer from Darren Currie.
TW3 Beaver

Jamie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:03 pm Heartbreaking memories of Barnet away in the FA Cup when legend Mark Russell came on but was past his best and got beat by a late screamer from Darren Currie.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 027811.stm

If its this game Talbot was in goal.
RogerB

Talbot was sent off five minutes from the end, we had to sacrifice Warren Williams and bring on Russell as sub keeper.
Lord Elpus

If memory serves, Russell had been out with quite a long term injury before this sub appearance.
TW3 Beaver

RogerB wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:02 am Talbot was sent off five minutes from the end, we had to sacrifice Warren Williams and bring on Russell as sub keeper.
Completely forgot about that.
Jamie

Yeah it was mental, I remember the red cards seeming harsh.