Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Jamie

On the club website, the club ownership shows:
The major shareholdings in the club are as follows:
Hampton & Richmond Borough Supporters Trust
Jacques Le Bars
Mr Steve McPherson
Correct as of 1st March 2020

This of course is out of date, and on 1st May 2022, the club submitted an updated Confirmation Statement (CS01) with Companies House.

3 shareholders have transferred their shares to the newly formed investment company "Ramayana Ventures Limited"
Steve McPherson - 8,378
Charles Miner - 3,750 (I assume this is meant to be "Milner" - if so legally needs updating)
David Sines - 6,086

This means the new makeup of ownership at the club is as follows (I've added them up, and worked out percentages)
Total Shares issued - 86,369

Then the biggest shareholders as follows, with % of overall stake in the club (round up to 1 decimal place)

Ramayana Ventures Limited - 18,214 (21.8%)
HRBFC Supporters Society Limited - 17,205 (19.4%)
Jacques Le Bars (current chairman) - 14,202 (16.4%)
Chris Mulberry - 1,750 (2.8%)
Steve O'Neill - 1,200 (1.9%)
Others - 33,798 (38% approx)

There also seems to be a number of people sadly no longer with us, who still hold shares, not sure what happens there, if something has to be updated to pass on via inheritance, or if shares lapse if unclaimed?

Hopefully we get to hear a statement from the new owners at some point soon, what there intentions are etc.

Not sure what it means with a company being the largest shareholder, rather than an individual, and how that works with club decisions, voting etc.

But hopefully gives everyone an insight into things now.
Tony

Jamie, your calculations are wrong. Supporters Trust holds in excess of 25% as does Ramayana Ventures.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Tony wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:10 am Jamie, your calculations are wrong. Supporters Trust holds in excess of 25% as does Ramayana Ventures.
I don't think his calculations are incorrect, based on the figures quoted above. If the total number of shares is wrong then the club's submission to Companies House is wrong. In any case, all this cloak and dagger stuff about the new shareholders is not helpful or acceptable. Who are they? What is their interest in the club? Are they funding the 3G pitch the club hope to get permission for? What happens if permission is refused? What is their background? Not unreasonable questions frankly, especially if they have over 1/4 of the club.
Whoryer

Yes I agree nothing from the chairman or anyone else all season about all the above
tones

Very worrying that the supporters of a club are kept in the dark about something as important as a club's new owners. Perhaps a housing estate is planned?
Lord Elpus

Unlikely, seeing as the council own the ground...
HamptonMad

Big Rich i have Hidden The Club Car. Don't want that being sold. Its got the 13,000 missing Club shares in the boot with the floodlight bulbs and a few balls.
Tony

Tony wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:10 am Jamie, your calculations are wrong. Supporters Trust holds in excess of 25% as does Ramayana Ventures.
Jamie, as I suspected, you have double counted the shares now owned by Ramayana, previously owned by the three former directors. The correct number of shares in issue is 68,155 which gives Ramayana 26.72%, Supporters Trust 25.24%, and Jacques Le Bars 20.84%.
Tony

As for sadly departed shareholders, in some cases the shares may have been bequeathed in their estates to friends or family. In which case they would have to show proof of the bequest in order for the club to update its shareholder register. I suspect many small shareholdings have been forgotten about and contact lost with anyone who knows who might be entitled to the shares. In this case there is a mechanism in the club’s Articles for those shares to be cancelled but it requires the club to advertise in the local press for three years for contact before the shares can be cancelled. Obviously the world has moved on a bit with the local press no longer having the coverage it once had. I dare say the Articles could be changed to allow a more efficient cancellation of “forgotten” shares but the club would need to show it had made every effort to contact those potentially entitled. Of those who have passed on I don’t think there are any significant shareholdings.

As for a company being a shareholder, this is quite normal and of course the Supporters Trust is a corporate body and shareholder since 2008. A company can eIther be a corporate director of the club ( which is the case for the Trust) or nominate an individual(s) to the board to represent their interests. The club board does not have to accept this but it is quite usual for a larger shareholder to have representation and I guess Ramayana will want to do this at some point if they want to be actively involved.

As for information flow, I know this is frustrating but I suspect the club is restricted in what it can say publicly by confidentiality agreements. I am sure they will make announcements once and if there is something concrete to announce. If you are a shareholder of the club or the Trust there is a likelihood that you will be formally consulted on any decisions requiring your consent so you will get the opportunity to have your say and ask questions.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:06 pm Big Rich i have Hidden The Club Car. Don't want that being sold. Its got the 13,000 missing Club shares in the boot with the floodlight bulbs and a few balls.
Excellent, don’t tell anyone that it’s round the back of Waitrose under an old tarp. Only you and I know. ;)