Slough town away Saturday

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Big Rich

I don’t disagree with these comments, but I still think we need to see where we are after 10 games. It’s as much about getting the players to play as a team as it is about individual performances.
Big Rich

Mucky knees wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:37 pm
Lord Elpus wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:16 pm
Big Rich wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:49 pm Don’t panic Mr Mainwaring, we just haven’t got going yet. Two home games in the next 10 days is a good chance to put that right.
And if we don't?
Then we are doomed!!!

MK
“Don’t tell him Pike!”
Mucky knees

Big Rich wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:21 pm

And if we don't?
Then we are doomed!!!

MK
“Don’t tell him Pike!”

Would that be Geoff Pike?

MK
tones

The problem with waiting to see if we are any better after 10/15 games is that our season will be over before its even started!
HamptonMad

Big Rich wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:49 pm Don’t panic Mr Mainwaring, we just haven’t got going yet. Two home games in the next 10 days is a good chance to put that right.
And if we don't?
Then we are doomed!!!

MK
Get on your bike MK.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanielNotley

I was disappointed and dissatisfied about last season and in any other club on the mid point of the season the management would be gone and questions needed to be asked, anyway was looking forward to this season to be challenging and if things stay as they are In afraid changes will need to be made! I’m sorry but this can’t continue, who recruits the players, who trains the players, there’s only one person to blame.... if things continue serious questions needs to be asked...
Big Rich

DanielNotley wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:26 pm I was disappointed and dissatisfied about last season and in any other club on the mid point of the season the management would be gone and questions needed to be asked, anyway was looking forward to this season to be challenging and if things stay as they are In afraid changes will need to be made! I’m sorry but this can’t continue, who recruits the players, who trains the players, there’s only one person to blame.... if things continue serious questions needs to be asked...
I understand, but any response must always be proportionate to expectations - this is where most fans go wrong. We have got one of the lowest budgets in the league.
Lord Elpus

Big Rich wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:10 pm
DanielNotley wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:26 pm I was disappointed and dissatisfied about last season and in any other club on the mid point of the season the management would be gone and questions needed to be asked, anyway was looking forward to this season to be challenging and if things stay as they are In afraid changes will need to be made! I’m sorry but this can’t continue, who recruits the players, who trains the players, there’s only one person to blame.... if things continue serious questions needs to be asked...
I understand, but any response must always be proportionate to expectations - this is where most fans go wrong. We have got one of the lowest budgets in the league.
That maybe so. But if it is the case, what is the involvement of the recent Italian investors then?
HamptonMad

We are at the level we can just afford to play in. Let's get behind Gary and give him all our support, and hope he can keep us in this league. One thing we don't want is Dowson coming back here.
Big Rich

Lord Elpus wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:58 pm
Big Rich wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:10 pm
That maybe so. But if it is the case, what is the involvement of the recent Italian investors then?
Yup, good point. I don’t know!
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:29 pm We are at the level we can just afford to play in. Let's get behind Gary and give him all our support, and hope he can keep us in this league. One thing we don't want is Dowson coming back here.
He would be bring the Dartford Club Car with him though - a hybrid Toyota Corolla. And some LED floodlight bulbs.