Billericay at home on Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

We entertain a team that has severe relegation worries and will be desperate to avoid defeat. On Tuesday’s performance we might struggle to get all the three points! Might see a couple of injured players return but we will be woefully short of striking options.
Lord Elpus

I can see it being a draw. There's no real pressure on us and it will all be on Billericay. Difficult to predict really but any result that ends up sending Chelmsford down would do me as it's such an awful place to watch football!
TW3 Beaver

Is the top pitch available for parking?
GRTourist

Lord Elpus wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:03 pm I can see it being a draw. There's no real pressure on us and it will all be on Billericay. Difficult to predict really but any result that ends up sending Chelmsford down would do me as it's such an awful place to watch football!
Not having to go to that ground next year would be the best possible outcome to this season.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Lord Elpus wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:03 pm any result that ends up sending Chelmsford down would do me as it's such an awful place to watch football!
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Would rather keep Billericay than Welling as well. Wouldn't be too disappointed with all three points going back to Essex today. In any case, its not billed as a game that will live in the memory.
Tony

Agree it could easily be a repeat of Tuesday but would have thought there are quite a few players needing to show the manager that it is worth retaining them for next season.
Lord Elpus

TW2-Beaver wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:41 am
Lord Elpus wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:03 pm any result that ends up sending Chelmsford down would do me as it's such an awful place to watch football!
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Would rather keep Billericay than Welling as well. Wouldn't be too disappointed with all three points going back to Essex today. In any case, its not billed as a game that will live in the memory.
I don't actually mind a trip to Welling. Proper, old school ground, reasonably friendly.
HamptonMad

Won 2.0. Thats it Mr Barbel start The Club car. Let's get out of here. Only 4 points off the playoffs. Safe.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony

After cruising 2-0 up in the first half, goals from Aouachria and Fisher (pen), the second half descended into a scrappy and Ill disciplined affair. Iffy Allen and Billericay’s #7 got straight reds after a fight (correct decision), one of the Billericay management then got a red, presumably for abusing the officials, and a fair number of yellows were awarded to each side. Muir had a goal disallowed for offside as Billericay got on top for the last 30 minutes. 10 mins of extra time added. First 45 we looked much the better side but rather ran out of steam in the second. We move up to 12th and just four points off the play offs. Who knows where we will end up but mid table feels about right.
Shepperton Supporter

We started with two forwards which I think is necessary in this league, As Gary said it, was a new formation and it didn’t look bad although the defence had Ness at right back which was unexpected. Thought we played ok in the first half and lead 2-0 at the break. Substitutions and injury? Left us without attackers and when Allen was sent off we were often pumping the ball upfield to no one, thus inviting pressure. Destiny came on late to redress this but by then we remained on the back foot. The defence held out well against a poor looking Billericay team. Thought Dunne helped to shield the defence in which Inman on his 200th appearance did well as did Julian, both against their old club.
Tony

I think the starting formation was 3-5-2 with Uche as third centre back with Inman and Ness. Second half we switched back to 4-4-2. Miller Rodney started out as right wing back, then moved to midfield and ended up as sole forward.