Middlesex Senior Cup 2021/22

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Certainly made an impression when he came on. Suddenly we looked a bit more threatening and unpredictable. I'd like to see him given a start.
[/quote]

We currently have three central strikers who offer different options, would be interesting to see him and Roberts teamed up.
Jamie

Les1949 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:21 pm Weird? The whole thing was weird, thanks to Brentford B not having a home venue.
Dick Parsons sorted out Bedfont Sports as a ground (having already sorted out Hanworth Villa on a previous date, but Brentford B had a 'friendly'!). They paid for the hire of the ground, the floodlights and a pair of Paramedics with Ambulance. We took the gate and paid the officials. Bedfont got the bar and food takings. Oh, and the Brentford 'Chef' arranged hot food for the players. Our players got the use of the home dressing room (thanks Bedfont!), much better than the away. The attendance was 277.
The Middx Cup Final will now be Barnet versus Brentford B and will no longer be at Beveree, but instead at Barnet!

Thanks Les,
re subs, I thought they must have been used!

Dick Parsons having to do all the running around seems very unfair, but good on him, perhaps he should submit an invoice for his time!
Surely Brentford should have been doing the origanising.
As for them not being able to play due to a friendly, surely a proper FA competition takes precedence! Seems like the big club getting away with whatever they want.

But the big news.... FINAL NO LONGER AT BEVEREE????!!!!!
That's an absolute disgrace, how are the county FA justifying this?
So having been chosen as the final venue, Hampton now miss out on lots of income from hosting.
Shepperton Supporter

Would be interesting to know why the final was switched.
Tony

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:35 am Certainly made an impression when he came on. Suddenly we looked a bit more threatening and unpredictable. I'd like to see him given a start.
We currently have three central strikers who offer different options, would be interesting to see him and Roberts teamed up.
[/quote]

Robinson now recalled by AFC W so looks like we are going to see if new lad has it in him. I wonder why Robinson has been recalled after Wimbledon agreed to loan until the end of the season.
Shepperton Supporter

Assume they had a recall clause which they exercised. This is always the problem with loans and we are currently fielding so many!
See what happens in the next few days before the Welling game.
Jamie

Tony wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:57 pm
Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:35 am Certainly made an impression when he came on. Suddenly we looked a bit more threatening and unpredictable. I'd like to see him given a start.
Robinson now recalled by AFC W so looks like we are going to see if new lad has it in him. I wonder why Robinson has been recalled after Wimbledon agreed to loan until the end of the season.
[/quote]

We shouldn't deal with AFC anyway with previous history, and what they have done to Kingstonian. It was laughable that we played them in a "friendly".
Last edited by Jamie on Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mucky knees

Jamie wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:08 am

We shouldn't deal with AFC anyway with previous history, and what they have done to Kingstonians. It was laughable that we played them in a "friendly".
[/quote]

Jamie not Kingstonians but Kingsonian!

MK
Lord Elpus

Mucky knees wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:12 am
Jamie wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:08 am

We shouldn't deal with AFC anyway with previous history, and what they have done to Kingstonians. It was laughable that we played them in a "friendly".
Jamie not Kingstonians but Kingsonian!

MK
[/quote]

Not Kingsonian but Kingstonian...
TW3 Beaver

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:29 pm Would be interesting to know why the final was switched.
Confirmed as at Beveree.
Jamie

TW3 Beaver wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:50 pm
Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:29 pm Would be interesting to know why the final was switched.
Confirmed as at Beveree.
That's good news!
A good additional game for the club for extra income, hopefully will see a good turnout.