Dartford Away Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
HamptonMad

Losing 2.1 I see The Press man is back on the commentary.
Lord Elpus

Losing 2-1 at ht. A bit more spirited than the other night, but really, defensively we look awful and Dartford should have had another couple. Barzey is having a go here and there which is promising but we need a lot of improvement.
HamptonMad

2.2 Full time. Well done.
Lord Elpus

Yes, well done. 2-2 a very good result in the end but quite why Dartford looked so slow in the second half is mystifying. Credit where it's due though, an excellent point away from home.
Big Rich

Well done all. Great away point!
Tony

I thought much improved going forward today, trying to play some more constructive football. However, we conceded from the very first test from a high ball into the box and looked very vulnerable to every high ball thereafter. They hit the bar and then Deadfield brought us level with a close range shot. Their second was an exact copy of their first, five minutes later, both goals poked home by Robinson inside the 6 yard box from a headed knock down. A decent centre back is clearly needed. Apart from that we actually played quite well and Dartford were a bit ordinary. Barzey showed some nice touches and was tripped for our penalty which Mc Knight despatched confidently. Maybe with a bit more self belief we could have gone or to win. We need to follow it up with a big match against Bath on Tuesday.
TW10

Thanks for report.. great to hear we trying to play football again and Barzey did well.. we will be targeted by everyone until we get a replacement for wassmer
Tony

For both their goals, McKnight was marking their #5, Essam, rather than one of Inman or Donaldson. A bit of an unfair contest. Essam was exceptional in the air and we struggled to contain him. You are right we will be targeted until the position is addressed.
TW3 Beaver

Dartford forum view of the game, including pre match stuff, and their two goals.

https://thedarts.eu/puredfc/viewtopic.php?t=164
Lord Elpus

We got shouted and sworn at leaving the ground this afternoon by a small group of idiots, guess that just shows how frustrated some of their crowd were!
GRTourist

TW3 Beaver wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:21 pm Dartford forum view of the game, including pre match stuff, and their two goals.

https://thedarts.eu/puredfc/viewtopic.php?t=164
Pretty uncharitable appraisal of what I thought was a pretty good Hampton performance!

I thought Dartford just about shaded the first half, but that we were much stronger in the second and probably deserved a win. I note that not one of them seems to have picked up on the absolute stone wall penalty we should have had for the foul on Jake Gray around 88 minutes...