Summer 2024 squad tracker

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW3 Beaver

Mucky knees wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:26 pm I've seen Huk play for Dorking Wanderers

MK
And?
What is your opinion?
geedub

Phew! The consensus on here was right or maybe even helped steer the club and James Roberts has indeed signed for the Beavers.
You'd have to guess he's our biggest budget player so far. Let's hope he can perform as well for us again as he did the other season on loan.
Last edited by geedub on Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh2002

Very happy with that.
Tony

Very pleased to see James Roberts return, a genuinely good player at this level
EastTerracer

James Roberts is a good signing. Look forward to seeing him back at The Bev.
Jamie

James Roberts is a brilliant signing!
A player I recommended to Gary McCann having seen him play in the Midlands, signing him permanently is a massive coup for the club!
GRTourist

Bloody hell, we're really stretching that £2k per week budget. Almost like it was total bollocks.
BevereeMaster

GRTourist wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:47 pm Bloody hell, we're really stretching that £2k per week budget. Almost like it was total bollocks.
Budget must be healthy signing step 5/4 players, maybe the club have invested some of the transfer fees into the budget.

But this current squad is not one of NLS quality, this team would just about get play offs in step 3 at the moment.
Tony

I think that the more likely answer is that as some of the big earners have been moved on, it has freed up some budget to deploy on hopefully a more sensible basis. The weighted average is still sub step 2 so we’ll have to see who comes in next to decide if Roberts is an outlier or not. I doubt he would join without knowing broadly the type of squad we are aiming for so hopefully a good sign.
Shepperton Supporter

Very pleased to see Roberts signed, he is one of several players that I have been tracking for some time . I knew his contract had been cancelled by mutual consent some days ago and did flag his name earlier in the topic but did not want to give false hope.
As Tony has pointed out we need a few more players of similar stature/ experience to lift the team. Think we will see Seymour sold before the start of the season to allow a further reinvestment into the squad.
Shepperton Supporter

Few more gaps filled in the squad..
It looks like.

0- keeper, 4-defenders, 4- midfield, 2- wingers and 2- strikers. Perhaps some gaps will be filled by players from last season but I reckon on our initial shopping list - keeper, two defenders, another midfielder and striker. This would make 17: Ben in his interview suggested more so further strengthening?
What do others think?