More Changes?

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
KewBeaver

The club have just published a 23/24 review - check out the link "London's Fastest Growing Club"
Tony

I think Phil always wanted to step down following a handover period and stayed on much longer than originally planned. I think he has done great service to the club through a difficult period and now hopefully others will step up if called upon by the club. Now there is some uncertainty again around the club I would hope that the Trust is seen as a valuable partner.
tones

If the litmus test for the club's future was gaining promotion last season why were the people in involved with the team allowed to make such a hash of getting to the play-offs. Lack of investment in new players, poor team selection, no real urgency in finding a goalscorer. Seems that many at the club were quite happy with our spectacular failure in the last month of the season.
Morticia

Are Ramayana's dreams of a Venture Capital FC over? Is it feasible that a return to the former board will work given that they were struggling to cover regular financial losses prior to the Ramayana take over? Are the Beaver's Trust in a position to offer an alternative Ownership proposition? Apologies for the multiple question(s) but these are the conundrums keeping me awake at night.
Big Rich

Everything is very unclear!
One would assume that the ambition for next season is now just to stay in the division and avoid relegation.
Shepperton Supporter

One would assume that the ambition for next season is now just to stay in the division and avoid relegation.
[/quote]

Think we need to wait to see the squad that has been assembled. What has been said and reality might be different!
Tony

Morticia wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:49 am Are Ramayana's dreams of a Venture Capital FC over? Is it feasible that a return to the former board will work given that they were struggling to cover regular financial losses prior to the Ramayana take over? Are the Beaver's Trust in a position to offer an alternative Ownership proposition? Apologies for the multiple question(s) but these are the conundrums keeping me awake at night.
I think the only role the Trust can play (unless someone wins the Lottery) is to facilitate any new investor who may come along, providing they are the right kind of investor . Whichever league we are in there is still a substantial fixed overhead that needs to be covered just to open the doors let alone paying any players. It is possible to start a purely fan owned club. Enfield Town who are just about to come up into the NLS are a good example but it has taken them 20+ years to reach this far.
Shepperton Supporter

One thing that is becoming clear this closed season is that a lot of money is being spent on squads and there are only two clubs that can be promoted! Looking at squads so far assembled Dorking, Eastbourne, Maidstone look front runners and no doubt Worthing will be in the mix if they retain players as could Torquay with new owners. Boreham Wood will no doubt be looking for a swift return. Next season it is beginning to look like several leagues in one , those spending a fortune on their squads , teams looking to retain mid table position and those who face a survival struggle. Next season this league could be stronger than last perhaps our owners and investors saw that and acted as they have?