New Centenary Kit

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Jamie

There was something on social media the other day about new home kit being released on Monday, but I cannot see anything anywhere.
Have I missed a social media post somewhere? Just eager to see what it will be.

It's disappointing the away design has been kept, as doesn't have the centenary badge. Also that white Joma shirt was in it's last year of current range last season, so this season is truly a clearance product from Joma, I just checked available stock, and the largest size available is size M.

I assume the home kit is going to be Joma, so maybe another stock shirt. They have a half and half red and navy, which would be a nice nod to the 90s. Or will it be one of the stripe options.

Not sure why not launched yet, as surely could have solds loads through pre season with the excitement of football returning, and fans wanted to help their clubs.

Anyone seen any article about what it will be?
TW3 Beaver

Great kit.

Love it.

So much better than the hoops.
Jamie

Brings back some great memories from the 90s era.

The return of WHITE SHORTS is long overdue, well done to those involved who selected that.

Shame it's a stock kit, but good that it has relevance to a period from the past.
Lord Elpus

It's a cautious thumbs up from me...I like the 90's throwback element, and the white shorts as well. I do have reservations that its a bit dark though, and I'll always want to see more red on there than blue. A little bit of a shame that such a special season couldn't have had something slightly more bespoke, but hey, it's not a deal breaker. But otherwise, yes, good stuff.
Stanwell Beaver

Yep, it's a thumbs up from me also. I was hoping for halves and the white shorts are a bonus as they set it off and keep it from being too dark.
Looking forward to seeing it on Saturday.
Jamie

Lord Elpus wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:40 pm It's a cautious thumbs up from me...I like the 90's throwback element, and the white shorts as well. I do have reservations that its a bit dark though, and I'll always want to see more red on there than blue. A little bit of a shame that such a special season couldn't have had something slightly more bespoke, but hey, it's not a deal breaker. But otherwise, yes, good stuff.
I think that could present an issue. The full back of the shirt is dark navy.
If the club hadn't have had white shorts, the colours from the back would have actually breached FA rules, and not been allowed to be worn, as it is, it's touch and go, as no more than 70% visible from front or back can be all dark colours.

It is a shame it is not a bespoke kit, as the socks are bespoke, which is more hassle, and longer manufacturing times than making a bespoke shirt.
RogerB

That's an interesting FA rule that you've discovered, Jamie. When did that come in? Didn't Man City have an all-black kit? That must have breached the rule.
That said, it's disappointing when the back of a shirt doesn't match the front. When we wore red and blue halves in the 50s, 60s and 90s the back (and sleeves) replicated the halved pattern of the front with just a white number.
Lord Elpus

Jamie wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:27 am
Lord Elpus wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:40 pm It's a cautious thumbs up from me...I like the 90's throwback element, and the white shorts as well. I do have reservations that its a bit dark though, and I'll always want to see more red on there than blue. A little bit of a shame that such a special season couldn't have had something slightly more bespoke, but hey, it's not a deal breaker. But otherwise, yes, good stuff.
I think that could present an issue. The full back of the shirt is dark navy.
If the club hadn't have had white shorts, the colours from the back would have actually breached FA rules, and not been allowed to be worn, as it is, it's touch and go, as no more than 70% visible from front or back can be all dark colours.

It is a shame it is not a bespoke kit, as the socks are bespoke, which is more hassle, and longer manufacturing times than making a bespoke shirt.
Well, having seen it today for the first time, it's too dark at the back and could be hard to pick out under lights. As Roger says, shame it couldn't have been alternate halves at the back, ie opposite to the front. Oh well.
Jamie

RogerB wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:59 am That's an interesting FA rule that you've discovered, Jamie. When did that come in? Didn't Man City have an all-black kit? That must have breached the rule.
That said, it's disappointing when the back of a shirt doesn't match the front. When we wore red and blue halves in the 50s, 60s and 90s the back (and sleeves) replicated the halved pattern of the front with just a white number.
Man City can wear all black as play at a level where the referees wear different colour kits.
National league and below the referees still wear traditional all black.

It looks like a lot of wording has been removed this year, and with the main point being...

"Colours
The two teams must wear colours that distinguish them from each other and the match officials
Each goalkeeper must wear colours that are distinguishable from the other players and the match officials
If the two goalkeepers’ shirts are the same colour and neither has another shirt, the referee allows the match to be played."

The actual more in depth rules would be in "competition/league" rules.
As I say Hampton get has the white shorts that breaks it up, but still very dark from the back.
Jamie

Lord Elpus wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:30 pm Well, having seen it today for the first time, it's too dark at the back and could be hard to pick out under lights. As Roger says, shame it couldn't have been alternate halves at the back, ie opposite to the front. Oh well.
Shame it "COULDN'T" have been alternate halves at the back.

But it could have, if had made a bespoke design :-(