The Pitch

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

We were in the Village this morning for a snack in Chinos. So, we wandered into the ground. Had a chat with Alan Julian who was doing some goalkeeper coaching.

Anyway, the pitch. Grass has been cut, but no major work appear to have been carried out yet, reminiscent of last summer. A member of the Sports Company, who looked after the pitch this past season, was there.....clearing out all their equipment from 'Bob's Shed'. Their contact is not being renewed.

There appears to be a problem - pay attention HD!

On the School side, an irrigation pipe is leaking which causes the pitch to flood on that side when it rains or when watering is carried out. It is likely that any contractor for the pitch will want the irrigation pitch repaired before they sign up.

I did compliment them on having got such a good pitch ready last season, despite having to start so late last summer.
Shepperton Supporter

Let’s hope the pipe can be fixed and a new contractor appointed. Les your post doesn’t fill supporters with hope!
EastTerracer

Not a good sign that their contract is not being renewed given the much improved quality of the pitch.
Big Rich

HM was right about the over-spiking of the pitch…
Brit

Could always be optimistic that the groundsman leaving is because an artificial pitch is still going ahead
Les1949

Brit wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:19 am Could always be optimistic that the groundsman leaving is because an artificial pitch is still going ahead
Doubt it, work would have commenced the day after the season ended.I saw on Twitter that amongst many other clubs working during the summer(!) Hanworth Villa are already refreshing theirs.
RogerB

Les, did your chat with Alan Julian shed any light on what’s going on?
Shepperton Supporter

RogerB wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:05 pm Les, did your chat with Alan Julian shed any light on what’s going on?
I suspect he is none the wiser as it seems everyone is in the dark.
KewBeaver

I would advise if there were any conversations that they remain private and not posted on forums. It is not fair on the individuals/companies who get name checked - especially if the owners/shareholders read these forums.
Les1949

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:35 pm
RogerB wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:05 pm Les, did your chat with Alan Julian shed any light on what’s going on?
I suspect he is none the wiser as it seems everyone is in the dark.
Our chat with Jools was on other matters unrelated to the club. He trains our grandson Max who wants to be a keeper.