Club Statement 03/05/24

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

PS the “owners” What do they actually own?
[/quote]

The air that I breathe.....The Hollies 1974
Les1949

Les1949 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:37 pm PS the “owners” What do they actually own?
The air that I breathe.....The Hollies 1974
[/quote]
There's not much else!
BevereeMaster

TW10 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:36 pm on twitter Luis Fernandez’s didn’t seem impressed and pretty much said his son will be off
If i am not mistaken Luis does not have contact with his dad, so wouldn’t pay too much attention to that, although he may go up a division regardless
Shepperton Supporter

TW10 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:36 pm on twitter Luis Fernandez’s didn’t seem impressed and pretty much said his son will be off
Fernandez is one player we would want to keep. It might be that he was already being tapped up. This could be the tipping point for him and maybe others?
The need to bring in the right manager is vital, time is not on our side!
Tony

Cliffp wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:26 pm My take on this is quite simple.

When it came to it and providing Mel the funding to invest in the squad and cement a play-off place last season there was none. The “owners” don’t have any money and are a pair of chancers.

Mel has probably sussed this and despite the PR offensive with the ridiculously naïve statement of attaining EFL status the “owners” don’t have the means to achieve it.

The promise to supporters of regular (bi-weekly) updates has gone by the wayside.

Look across the river and see the positivity with quick action and speedy recruitment. These clowns are out of their depth.

Talking the talk but unable to walk the walk.
PS the “owners” What do they actually own?
It might be quite the opposite. Spent a lot of money on supporting Mel and he failed to deliver. Who knows? The brothers control the company that owns 97% or thereabouts of the football club. Ramayana has a number of investors.
Shepperton Supporter

It might be that this statement has come as a shock to players as well. If it caught the club on the hop then immediate steps need to be made to reassure players as well as supporters.The investors too might be asking some difficult questions of the brothers.
Speculation breeds uncertainty and that causes folk to jump to wrong conclusions and make decisions that they might later regret.Explanations and what is being planned for the future is needed and quickly.
Cliffp

Yes Tony,

But what do the brothers and Rayamanya actually own?
Cliffp

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:17 pm It might be that this statement has come as a shock to players as well. If it caught the club on the hop then immediate steps need to be made to reassure players as well as supporters.The investors too might be asking some difficult questions of the brothers.
Speculation breeds uncertainty and that causes folk to jump to wrong conclusions and make decisions that they might later regret.Explanations and what is being planned for the future is needed and quickly.
Hence the lack of clarity from the”owners”is damaging.

These 2 self published clowns could look across the river to see what’s happening at kingstonian
Sparky

I hope somebody rang round the players first, before announcing this.

Mel seemed like a good guy. Feel a bit bad about my summary of the season. But yes, the football was frustrating at times. Still, it must be hard with limited time with players.
KewBeaver

Paul Tisdale next manager?
geedub

Disappointing news. The end of the season meltdown was poor and Mel really didn't seem to have any answers even once the worst of the injury problems were behind us. However, he always seemed to be the very presentable face of the club and came across as being pretty sensible. Feels like we could end up with something much worse.
RogerB

KewBeaver wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:27 pm Paul Tisdale next manager?
With Paul and Mel having worked together so much over the years, I imagine this news could signal the end of Paul‘s association with the club.