AFC Wimbledon game

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
HamptonMad

Mucky knees wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:51 am Why don't you do Twitter HM.?

I am not registered to it but use it to get news and information about my various sports teams

For Hampton you just google Hampton fc twitter

MK
Thank you Mk i will try that. See you Friday and maybe the cricket Saturday. Good to see you chatting to Richard Johnson a few weeks ago at Sunbury he played for England, lovely man.
TW3 Beaver

I don't normally do friendlies, but seeing as we have been starved of live football, and the opponents are another team who I take great delight in seeing lose, I couldn't say no.

COYB
TW3 Beaver

AFCW have announced their squad for tonight's game.

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/202 ... -dartford/

From the article it seems to be a mixture of First team and young players.
Lord Elpus

TW3 Beaver wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:49 am I don't normally do friendlies, but seeing as we have been starved of live football, and the opponents are another team who I take great delight in seeing lose, I couldn't say no.

COYB
Yes, I know what you mean about friendlies. Always fun to see AFC lose though. Those in the football media who drool over them so much obviously never faced them as a non-league club!
Lord Elpus

Good display in the end, very promising. We're looking solid and promising.
TW3 Beaver

Very encouraging performance.

Not sure how many of the AFC team are first team.

Annoying to take a deserved lead only to let it slip.
Whoryer

I take it Julian and Bowman are 2 of the 3 players with covid as there was a trialist goalkeeper? What did you think of the trailists?
Tony

I believe Bowman is having a trial at a pro club, not sure about the other Covid victims.

I like the the look of Slew (C) who showed good movement and took his goal well but wonder if he is the right partner for Muir. Are we looking for a big target man for Muir to play off? Trialist B also did well and would like to see him again. He’s had a few clubs in a short space of time but has played at NL level. Anderson would be a good signing with no sign of Ruddick so far but hear he is looking for full time football so don’t know if he would drop to part time. Depends on how many spaces the manager has left in his core squad but guessing room only for two or three max. Some of the youngsters could certainly go out on dual reg a couple of steps down for experience and game time.
Shepperton Supporter

Some interesting comments from Tony, as for the keeper situation, Bowman would need to be replaced, from what I saw, neither keeper did not look out of place and in the next couple of games, it might be worth seeing how they perform at a level more akin to ours.
Slew looks useful, has a decent scoring record at a level below, depends if we want him and can put a deal together. With Minhas still injured cover is necessary with the season approaching. Might be a loan from a pro club could be the possibility.
The midfield player has experience at NL level and has played at a lower level as well, worth a second look certainly. Used the ball well considering he was unfamiliar with his colleagues. Cox was there and doing some coaching, he still has Spurs connections and wonder if this trialist knew him from there. Mention of Cox, one assumes he has a fitness issue currently.
Hope we can get Anderson as it looks increasingly likely that Ruddick will not be available. We need some experience in defence as Brown is not quite ready to step in at right back.

Don’t think Gary has much spare cash for players, it might be who he can get that fits his budget.
Shepperton Supporter

Whoryer

Thank you Tony and Shepperton Supporter for your replies
Tony

I believe Cox picked up an injury in training. Expect him to be first choice right back when he returns to fitness.