Hampton & Richmond Borough FC / Match Reports / 2012/13 / Enfield Town (Away)

Choose a season:
Welcome to the Match Reports section of the website. Use the navigation to the left of this box to find reports including team line ups, attendances and other stats. This is not an official website.

Enfield Town 0-2 Hampton & Richmond Borough
Saturday, 2nd September 2012. Att: 320
Scorers: Bates, Moone

Rob Overfield

The Beavers equal a 45 year old club record with their sixth consecutive clean sheet in their 2-0 victory over Enfield Town, but Rodney Chiweshe's goal led a charmed life as twice the Towners spurned an open goal. The Beavers held the most of the early advantage with Charlie Moone having an early header cleared off the line, and Malvin Kamara provided a fine cross for Moone some 15 minutes later, but the header was held by the keeper. The Towners were struggling at times to create much forward moment and Rodney Chiweshe wasn't really troubled early on as the hosts resorted to long shots for much of the half. James Simmonds had the decent chance on 24 minutes after a corner was flicked on and he was disgusted to see the shot screw wide from 15 yards. It wasn't till the 29th minute that Rodney had to make a save, which may well have been going wide. Moone & Simmonds had further chances but the Towners defence held firm, and just before the interval, Enfield nearly snatched the opener. A free kick, after a Powell challenge that the referee wasn't happy about, was clipped over the wall, but Chiweshe got fingers to the ball and it went over for a corner.

HT Enfield Town 0 HRBFC 0

Moone should have opened the scoring in the first minute of the second half, after being put through by Bates. The shot however, lacked power, and Imber in the Enfield goal was able to collect comfortably. About 5 minutes later, Enfield's Leon Osei was allowed to run almost unchallenged to the edge of the area, and he took advantage of the space to let fly on goal. The shot was well saved by Chiweshe, the rebound fell to Neil Johnson whose shot from 10 yards hit the post and went wide. Malvin Kamara was starting to attack more frequently down the right and one cross was met by Moone just after the hour had to be pushed clear by Imber. 3 minutes later however the Beavers took the lead, Imber was left flat footed as Jon-Jo Bates turned in the gentlest of headers from about 8 yards out after Simmonds had made plenty of the space he was given, launching a low cross towards the striker. This stung the Towners into futher efforts but once again they missed an opportunity to equalise but the resulting shot from a rebound was high, wide and not that handsome.

The Beavers were looking comfortable, with few alarms, and with just 8 minutes left Charlie Moone scored his 3rd of the season. Played in by Joe Turner, Moone fizzed the shot past Imber from close range and effectively sealed the game. The game ended on a sour note as Mitch Hahn was dismissed by the referee for violent conduct with seconds remaining, after he lashed out a foot after a tackle, catching Neil Jenkins right in front of the assistant referee. In truth, the referee had no option but to issue the red card. 6 games unbeaten and 6 games without conceding a goal, given all the misgivings amongst the suporters about the defence, Max Hustwick and Darren Powell are now looking like a solid, dependable unit, and short of injury, unlikely to be broken up

01 Rodney Chiweshe
02 Malvin Kamara
03 Neil Jenkins
04 Tom Hickey
05 Max Hustwick
06 Darren Powell
07 Joe Benjamin
08 Gary Holloway
09 Charlie Moone
10 James Simmonds
11 Jon-Jo Bates
12 Karle Andrews (on for Moone)
14 Alan Bray
15 Joe Turner (on for Benjamin)
16 Dean Inman
17 Anson Cousins

Assistant 1:
Assistant 2:
Attendance: 320
< Back to Match Reports